- In the spring semester of every year, the honors program hosts an Honors Colloquium.
- This event is designed as an academic colloquium. The focus of this event is short, well-crafted scholarly presentations by each honors student whose thesis is on track for completion that term or next.
- Another feature of the colloquium is the awarding of the “Best Thesis” award of $100 to a student whose thesis had been completed during the previous calendar year, adjudicated by a committee of the honors faculty who directed theses during that period.
- Students currently enrolled in the honors seminar are encouraged to attend, and presenters are encouraged to invite family and friends. All faculty at USF Sarasota-Manatee are invited, as well as selected faculty from USF Tampa.
- This event features refreshments for a reception after the presentations.
- Students and thesis advisors are, again, recognized by name—and their achievements noted and acknowledged by attendees.
- Naturally, this annual event does not begin until the second year of the program: March 2010.
Honors Program - Home
Honors Application and Recommendation Form
Honors Seminar (IDH 4000)
Honors Project (IDH 4950)
Honors Thesis (IDH 4970)