The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee Diversity Office is dedicated to creating a community in which students, faculty, staff and community members value the rich diversity each person contributes to our campus and the world.
The USF Sarasota-Manatee Office fosters an environment that:
- Sustains a campus and community atmosphere that is inclusive of race, ethnicity, sex, age, language/dialect, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, socio-economic status and religious conviction;
- Creates a setting that embraces individual differences and cultivates a campus atmosphere that is free from bias;
- Provides a sense of community and a place to learn about the different aspects of community life;
- Fulfills educational goals;
- Provides counseling that allows individuals to address challenges (e.g., academic, social, financial, professional or personal);
- Improves leadership and direction for the continuous assessment and improvement of university-wide diversity efforts; and
- Creates a sense of inclusion.
USF Sarasota-Manatee's Diversity Office will continuously work to create a place to maximize the benefits of a multicultural perspective and to help sustain a more inclusive community of learners regarding diversity. "Touching lives and improving the world."